We are on the look out for a Front-End Magento 2 Web Developer to join the IGOO team.
As a local, independent, award-winning ecommerce agency, we have a fantastic range of clients across many sectors including education, healthcare and retail.
We’re looking for an individual who is passionate about web technology, development and is dedicated to building solutions that meet people’s needs.
You’ll be working alongside our team of designers, developers, project managers and marketers, and will be involved in the product design, prototype and build process.
We work in agile, multi-disciplinary teams to solve client problems from a user perspective.
You should enjoy problem-solving, building the right thing and building the thing right.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Liaising with project managers and team lead to deliver features
- Using lateral thinking to find creative solutions to client problems
- Testing work across multiple browsers to ensure maximum user coverage
- Working with Github to maintain and manage code
- Translating UI and UX designs to high quality coding standards
- Running Lighthouse audits and optimizing web pages for maximum efficiency
- Debugging code using tools such as Xdebug/Chrome/Firefox
- Working within a team of industry accredited developers
Ideally, you will have:
- Magento 2
- Git & Github
- Experience of website project management
- Knowledge of MySQL
- Experience of using CLI and SSH
Knowledge & Experience
- Self motivated with ability to take initiative
- Desire to further technical skills and knowledge
- Attention to detail with pride in your own work
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to manage own tasks to deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to deal with impromptu urgent support requests
It would be great if you had:
- SASS/SCSS, Gulp
- Experience with Vagrant, Docker or other development environments
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with WordPress, WooCommerce and Shopify
- Experience with Xdebug
- Experience with Linux based servers
- Experience with deployment pipelines
Why we think it’s great to work at IGOO
We know how important it is to enjoy coming to work every day, so we have lots of things in place that turn the idea of an average 9-5 on its head.
- Hybrid working
- Open, friendly, relaxed working environment
- We’re not a profit first company
- Creative freedom
- Bonus holidays
- Christmas close down
- Team lunch provided every Tuesday
- Ongoing training with yearly budget allowance
- Opportunity to go to conferences and industry events
- Training and entry to industry recognised certifications (e.g Magento certifications)
- Top spec Linux machine, Mac or PC – you choose
- IGOO Labs, with the opportunity to work on internal projects
- Free parking
- Secure indoor bike storage
- Pension scheme
- Occasional discounts on client’s products
- Great social/community events that come from working in the Baltic Triangle; there are monthly meet-ups and seasonal parties, helping to foster collaborative relationships within our community
- We have full BIMA membership – this provides us with access to their programme of courses, meet-ups and events. Our partnership means that we’re part of a pretty cool group, dedicated to increasing gender diversity and equality in the workplace
Think this might be the right role for you? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your C.V. or portfolio.
Please note, we do receive a high volume of applications so there could be a delay in response – we will get back to you as soon as we can!
We do not deal with any external recruitment agencies of any type, under any circumstances so please don’t get in touch.