We are looking for a Magento Web Developer who is passionate about web technology and development. You are dedicated to building solutions and interfaces that meet people’s needs and you love to exceed expectations. We’re looking for a Web Developer to work alongside designers, developers, project managers, marketers and testers. You will be working on projects from inception to delivery and be involved in the product design, prototype and build process.
Top candidates for this role desire an exciting, results-driven, collaborative environment, have a high focus on producing robust, functional, and quality web software, and believe in striking the right balance between idealism and pragmatism with your solution.
We work in agile, multi-disciplinary teams to solve client problems from a user perspective. You should enjoy problem solving, building the right thing and building the thing right.
- Design, maintain and push code quality standards within projects aiming for stability, scalability and maintainability.
- Anticipate project development needs, raising potential issues to team and client early and proactively seeking solutions.
- Tailor and use the right development process within projects.
- Collaborate with other developers, designers and testers in order to successfully launch stable digital products.
- Use a holistic lens in coding, ensuring high usability, accessibility and embracing design standards.
- Introduce new technologies and engage tech team to consider applications for current or future projects.
- Champion agile/lean approach when required.
- Create prototypes and use analytics to help prove or disprove hypothesis.
- Proven experience as a Magento Web developer
- Strong knowledge of PHP/HTML/CSS/JS
- Understanding of website project management
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
NICE TO HAVE…
- Magento certifications
- Experience with API integration / testing
- Examples of work – commercial and personal projects
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience in building highly scalable and resilient web application.
- Knowledge of CSS pre-compilers (SASS) and CSS patterns.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment.
- Experience with / interest in functional programming.
- Experience with Vagrant, Docker or other tools to ensure a robust development environment.
- Experience with Git
- Be passionate about web development.
- Have a strong appetite to explore new technologies and share knowledge.
- Welcome feedback and look to improve project development and understanding.
- Be able to estimate accurately and work to deadlines
Be part of something exciting!
We know how important it is to enjoy coming to work every day, so we have lots of things in place that turn the idea of an average 9-5 on its head.
So what do we have?
- Open, friendly, relaxed working environment – all staff are approachable
- We’re not a profit first company
- Creative freedom
- Flexi working time
- Bonus holidays
- Christmas close down
- Happy Mondays – check out our instagram https://www.instagram.com/igoouk/
- Opportunity to go to conferences and industry events
- Ongoing training with yearly budget allowance
- Training and entry to industry recognised certifications (e.g Magento certifications)
- Top spec Linux machine, Mac or PC – you choose
- IGOO Labs, opportunity to work on internal projects
- Pension scheme
- Annual Christmas party for all IGOO children (there’s 15 of them now!)
- Unlimited access to our mounting collection of cooking equipment, courtesy of Happy Mondays (think pizza ovens and pie makers)
- Free parking
- Secure indoor bike storage
- Occasional discounts on client’s products
- Great social/community events that come from working in the Baltic Triangle. There’s monthly meet-ups and seasonal parties, helping to foster collaborative relationships within our community.
- We’re official partners of Liverpool Girl Geeks and have full BIMA membership. This provides access to their programme of courses, meet-ups and events. Our partnership means that we’re part of a pretty cool group, dedicated to increasing gender diversity and equality in the workplace.
Interested? Apply here.