We are on the look out for a Front-End Web Developer to join the IGOO team.
As a local, independent, award-winning ecommerce agency, we have a fantastic range of clients across many sectors including education, healthcare and retail.
We’re looking for an individual who is passionate about web technology, development and is dedicated to building solutions that meet people’s needs.
You’ll be working alongside our team of designers, developers, project managers, marketers and testers, and will be involved in the product design, prototype and build process.
We work in agile, multi-disciplinary teams to solve client problems from a user perspective. You should enjoy problem-solving, building the right thing and building the thing right.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Designing, maintaining and pushing code quality standards within projects aiming for stability, scalability and maintainability
- Anticipating project development needs, raising potential issues to the team and client early, and proactively seeking solutions
- Tailoring and using the right development process within projects
- Collaborating with other developers, designers and testers in order to successfully launch stable digital products
- Using a holistic lens in coding, ensuring high usability, accessibility and embracing design standards
- Introducing new technologies and engaging the tech team to consider applications for current or future projects
- Championing an agile/lean approach when required
- Creating prototypes and using analytics to help prove or disprove a hypothesis
- Strong knowledge of PHP/HTML/CSS/JS
- Proven experience as a Front-end Web developer
- Understanding of website project management
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Great communication skills
It would be great if you had:
- Knowledge of CSS pre-compilers (SASS) and CSS patterns
- Examples of your work – either commercial and personal projects are great
- Experience in building web application
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Experience with / interest in functional programming
- Experience with Vagrant, Docker or other tools to ensure a robust development environment
- Experience with Git
Why we think it’s great to work at IGOO
We know how important it is to enjoy coming to work every day, so we have lots of things in place that turn the idea of an average 9-5 on its head.
- Open, friendly, relaxed working environment – all staff are approachable
- We’re not a profit first company
- Creative freedom
- Flexi working time
- Bonus holidays
- Christmas close down
- Happy Mondays – check out our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/igoouk
- Ongoing training with yearly budget allowance
- Opportunity to go to conferences and industry events
- Training and entry to industry recognised certifications (e.g Magento certifications)
- Top spec Linux machine, Mac or PC – you choose
- IGOO Labs, with the opportunity to work on internal projects
- Free parking
- Secure indoor bike storage
- Pension scheme
- Annual Christmas party for all IGOO children (there’s 15 of them now!)
- Unlimited access to our mounting collection of cooking equipment, courtesy of Happy Mondays (think pizza ovens, pie makers and pretty much everything in between)
- Occasional discounts on client’s products
- Great social/community events that come from working in the Baltic Triangle; there are monthly meet-ups and seasonal parties, helping to foster collaborative relationships within our community
- We have full BIMA membership and are official partners of InnovateHer. This provides us with access to their programme of courses, meet-ups and events. Our partnership means that we’re part of a pretty cool group, dedicated to increasing gender diversity and equality in the workplace
Think this might be the right role for you? Click here to apply.
Please note, we do receive a high volume of applications so there could be a delay in response – we will get back to you as soon as we can!
We do not deal with any external recruitment agencies of any type, under any circumstances so please don’t get in touch.